|Photo courtesy of Christine Bauer Photography|
So I've had a few resolutions this year. To tell you the truth, I"m tired of calling them resolutions. I'm going to call them "life goals or ongoing projects" because if you're like me, who knows when the goal will be completed and I detest pressure. ;)
One of my goals is to learn to relax and stay balanced (and refrain from pinning like a mad woman on Pinterest every five minutes). Granted, I already have sort of a calm demeanor but I tend to hold everything in until I hit a wall. Then I turn into a recluse for a few days. Not return calls, avoid going anywhere besides work and straight home..and I mean straight home DO NOT PASS GO. I turned into a scatterbrain the end of last year. I started forgetting things. Doing things twice because I couldn't remember if I had done it already. Ugh!
So, aside from my full time and contract part time job, cat shelter volunteering, women's group that I meet with one Sunday a month, writing another book, spending time with my boyfriend and friends in general, I am going to focus on finding me again. I've made a list to help me out with that. I'm finding writing lists is a good memory tool for me. :)
1. Meditate at least one day a week (and mind you, I'm not setting unrealistic goals that will put me into shock).
2. Cook one meal a week at home (I'm ALWAYS eating out. It's terrible). Oh and take the time to enjoy what I eat! Savor each bite instead of scarfing it down like there's no tomorrow.
3. Exercise at least 15 minutes a day (even if running up and down two flights of stairs at home counts).
4. Take one bath a week with wonderful smelly things (aside from the daily shower).
5. Spend quality time with the boyfriend and his two dogs (because they always makes me feel good about myself)
6. Spend quality time with my cats. Get down on the floor and play at their level and distract them from the fact that I am only their meal provider.
6. Catch up with my favorite series Downton Abbey (or any movie) on Netflix because I can never find time to even watch one full length show!
So, that's it for now. Have you set any goals yet this year?